(St. Michael’s, New Canaan, CT – Christmas Eve worship @ 5:00 p.m. & 10:30 p.m.)
The Christian community invites you join us in church this Christmas.
Here are 5 reasons why you should try church again:
1. This world is really hurting. (You knew this before Sandy Hook.)
2. Singing Christmas Carols in a group is fun. You probably already know a few already!
3. Christmas is probably a story you know – Baby Jesus in the manger. Churches on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day talk about what that means to our lives today. (Actually, this is what churches do every week – read, pray, listen, respond, sing – and then try to apply it.)
4. Whatever hurt or bad feeling caused by some church you once attended, or some leader had upon you in the past, or portrayals on the news of Christians as harsh, judgmental, bigoted people - the majority of Christians are kind and loving – seeking exactly what you are in life: meaning, purpose, hope, acceptance, forgiveness, inspiration, and a place to contribute to the good. Church is a community to practice each of these things – together.
5. Like wise men from afar and shepherds from the fields, Christmas is about welcoming new people to meet the Christ child, and see the world differently because of it.
We invite you to join us.
This is an invitation without judgment or qualifications. Maybe you have never been to church, or perhaps it has been a long time since you have. No matter. Know that the churches in your community have open doors, waiting to welcome you.
God loves you very much. That message to the world is what Christmas is all about.
Merry Christmas! We hope to see you soon.
Geoff T. Sinibaldo, Pastor
St. Michael’s Lutheran Church, New Canaan, CT