WE INVITE YOU TO JOIN US THIS CHRISTMAS!
Christmas Eve – Candles, Carols & Communion
December 24 @ 5:00 p.m. & 10:30 p.m.
St. Paul Lutheran Church, 56 Great Hammock Road, Old Saybrook, CT
Here are 5 good reasons why you should try church again:
1. This world is really hurting. (You knew this already.)
2. Singing Christmas Carols in a group is fun. (You probably know a few!)
3. Christmas is probably a story you know –centered on baby Jesus in the manger. Churches on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day talk about what that means to our lives today. (Actually, this is what churches do every week – read, pray, listen, respond, sing – and then try to apply it to the rest of our lives.)
4. Whatever hurt or bad feeling caused by some church you once attended, or how some leader was negative to you in the past, or portrayals of Christians you have seen or heard as harsh, judgmental, bigoted people – the majority of Christians are kind and loving. (We seek a lot of the same things you do too: meaning, purpose, hope, acceptance, forgiveness, inspiration, and a place to contribute to the good and help others. Church is a community to practice each of these things – together.)
5. Like wise men and women from afar and shepherds from the fields, Christmas is about welcoming new people to meet the Christ child, and see the world differently because of it. (Wouldn’t that be a great gift to the world to share?)
We invite you to join us this Christmas.
This is an invitation without judgment or qualifications. Maybe you have never been to church, or perhaps it has been a long time since you have. That doesn’t matter. Know that the churches in your community have open doors, waiting to welcome you.
“God loves you very much.” That message to the world is what Christmas is all about.
Look for the churches in your community this Christmas.
Below is information for the congregation I serve:
St. Paul Lutheran Church
56 Great Hammock Road, Old Saybrook, CT
Candles, Carols & Communion
Christmas Eve at 5:00 p.m. & 10:30 p.m.
We hope to see you soon!